This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Changes today (2021/06/13)
I have made a few changes today.
  • Fixed the missing Today / Yesterday in the British English messages.
  • Added two extra questions to your profile - asking how long you have been a RISC OS user, and what machines you own (RISC OS, Mac, Windows, etc).
  • Added a "mood indicator" option. It's a bit dumb, but let's see...
  • Added a country selection that puts a little flag of your country alongside your name in all sorts of places.
    For Americans, Canadians, and Brits - scroll to the end of the long list of countries and you'll see a choice of state/province/parts of Britain.
    Added "European Union" for us dispossessed expats that want to make a point. ;)
  • Tidied the post icons so they fit on one line. Added icons for RISC OS, Power Button, Pencil, CD, and Bell.
  • Added a plug-in to handle the European Cookie rules. Sorry if it annoys, but them's the rules. You can opt in to having cookies stored, and you can opt out.
    Opting out is pretty useless as you won't be able to log in... but it's a valid choice so you get that choice even if it's a bad choice!
    Note that in all cases, one cookie will be saved to your machine so that you don't get asked this same question every single time. If you object to this (and never plan to come back), your browser will have a way of removing cookies. Either clear them all (you should be doing this periodically) or find the cookies for heyrick.eu and wipe them.
    Désolé, le chose pour des cookies n'est pas traduit.
  • I wanted to add a plug-in to not allow certain characters in user names (following on from the issues one user experienced in logging in with a space in his name (that went away when he recreated his account without the space)) however it crashed out with the function mb_strstr being unknown. Strange...
  • Added a Dark theme, which might be more helpful if using Aldershot in low light situations.
    That said, you should be careful going to Aldershot at night. You don't know what lurks in the darkness...
  • Only managed to break it once! ;)
    (the other breakage was strictUsername - not my fault)
"you should be careful going to Aldershot at night"

As if! I wouldn't go out in Old Delhi at night, so there's no chance I'd go out in Aldershot. Hell, I'm careful there in broad daylight!

I see the Mood options; I don't see anywhere to say what machines I've got, how long I've been using RISCOS, or what country I'm in.
Quote:I don't see anywhere to say what machines I've got, how long I've been using RISCOS, or what country I'm in.

"User CP" just below the black bar at the top.
Then "Edit profile" in the list on the left.
It's all in there.
(13/06/2021, 6:51 pm)heyrick Wrote:
Quote:I don't see anywhere to say what machines I've got, how long I've been using RISCOS, or what country I'm in.

"User CP" just below the black bar at the top.
Then "Edit profile" in the list on the left.
It's all in there.

So it is! Mood was even easier to find...not sure now why...
Because "Change mood" is always there at the top of the screen? Wink
Quote:Note that in all cases, one cookie will be saved to your machine so that you don't get asked this same question every single time.

Aaaand.... If you get asked all the time anyway, make sure if you're using something like Cookie AutoDelete that you have whitelisted heyrick.eu.

Yeah <facepalm>. ?
(13/06/2021, 10:42 pm)heyrick Wrote: Because "Change mood" is always there at the top of the screen? Wink

Seems quite probable! Big Grin
heyrick Wrote:I wanted to add a plug-in to not allow certain characters in user names (following on from the issues one user experienced in logging in with a space in his name (that went away when he recreated his account without the space)) however it crashed out with the function mb_strstr being unknown. Strange...

Should work now Smile
Reply Purge Spammer
Cheers. I'll maybe fiddle with it over the weekend.

Too hot outside right now, and thunderstorms on the way for the next few days. :/