This is the homepage of the assorted random junk that passes for Rick's website.
- Rick's b.log - you probably want this. Anything of interest (and a lot less interesting) since the end of 2008 has been put there. It's a mix of geek, politics, mowers, bread makers, and vast quantities of bollocks. You'll get to know Rick quite well. And probably wish you'd done something else instead, like watching that bug on its sole and epic mission of exploring your window. Far more interesting...
- Software - I have written software. Some of it for an Acorn PocketBook II (otherwise known as a Psion 3a organiser), some of it for ancient versions of Windows (98 and XP) which may or may not work on whatever version of Windows is available these days, and most of it for RISC OS which is an operating system you've probably never heard of but you owe it a debt of gratitude as it's part of the history of where the ARM processor came from. You know, the little gizmo in your phone, tablet, iThingy...
- Econet - info and support for an ancient networking system that Acorn created to link together their 8 bit machines in, like, 1980 or so in order to share files and resources. The rest of the home computer world was like "what's a network?".
If you understand the names "MDFS" or "E01S" or "Level3" then this may be of use.
- Frobnicate - I used to edit, and latterly write, a free "magazine" called Frobnicate. This sort of thing eventually turned into my blog.
- ARM assembler - one of the most popular parts of my site, despite it mostly describing the 26 bit shared PC+PSR version of the ARM. Don't worry if that's gibberish to you, just know that it's about twenty years out of date... (if you're looking for ARM info, and you're looking for AArch64, you won't find it here, sorry)
- I used to watch Anime Central, too many crappy films on The Horror Channel, and some slightly less crappy films on FilmFour. Each of those links is my thoughts and reviews of content that was broadcast over twelve years ago.
These days I probably watch just as many movies, just not on broadcast TV. Because of my job and my lack of concentration after "a hard day in the office, dear", I watch what I want, when. Prime Video and Netflix.
- Eurovision Song Contest - I happen to like this. Contests from 2004-2009 and 2013 are here. Later contests are on my blog, check the entries for the month of May...
Anything that you thought ought to be here that isn't, is probably some rubbish best forgotten, like those pictures of Britney Spears that was "cute" back in 1999 but in the intervening time has become a tragically sad story of how fame and stardom destroys people.
Copyright © 2021 Richard Murray; hosted in Europe.
This site is best experienced with a cynical world view, some Symphonic Metal, and a shedload of tea.