mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
Cherry blossom viewing is a big thing in Japan (read about it at Japan-Guide), but at this time of year across the northern hemisphere, the blackthorn displays a bush of small white flowers, followed mere days by the exuberance of the cherry. Cherry blossom can be either white or pink, depending on the type of tree.
We have a number of cherries, both cultivated and wild "bird cherry". Below are three pictures of our sakura 「桜」.
Update - a video
Sadly, taken two days later where the weather was less favourable for the pictures, but you can still see the blossom on the multidinous trees. Well, not quite sakura-alley, but not bad!
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
|Rob, 20th April 2010, 23:08|
We've got a cherry tree next door at the front .. it's great. The car looks like Mr Blobby, it's got so many white spots stuck to it ... :-(
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Starting the C1 again, Speaking of mowing, More costs of Brexit, Big Town, Clive Sinclair. (2021/09/19)
- Britain's last monarch, The rise and fall of an Empire, Project Fear. (2021/09/13)
- Twenty years, Passport, Migrants into Britain - redux, The rest are hypocritical cows too, Security Questions, An Easy Weekend, Raspberry Pi 3B+. (2021/09/11)
- Migrants into Britain; Sorry, I'm an introvert; La Poste, what the hell? (2021/09/05)
- Passport; Oh, how stupid!; Tea; What broke the phone line? (2021/08/30)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 03:52 on 2021/09/22.
© 2010 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.