mailto: blog -at- heyrick -dot- eu
EPIC interference KILLS the Internet.
You've heard of REIN right? No, not things on horses, electrical noise... [there's a good introduction here], well, play the video below to check out electrical interference so bad that it kills the Internet.
This video is captioned in English and French.
Cet vidéo est sous-titrée en français et anglais.
My current work hours are 8pm to 3.30am. I may well be on/around the internet from 4am to 6am...? Don't expect any reports after 7am and before 2pm! ☺
- Most days - about 5-6 o'clock until 6-7 o'clock. No accurate records kept; but radio interference started approx. early Spring when a nearby farm had a new local substation to tap directly off the high tension. This may be unrelated.
I am aware of ADSL line interference, but up until the summer I would have been at work in the evening and in bed for the morning, so may well be unaware of the scope of this problem.
It appears, to me, that this problem has become worse this last month. Actual or perceptual?
- 2010/09/18 - estimated around midnight until 5.15am.
Stopped at 04h00, restarted 04h15.
- 2010/09/19 - started 20h15 for about 10 minutes.
Please note that while I check this page every so often, I am not able to control what users write; therefore I disclaim all liability for unpleasant and/or infringing and/or defamatory material. Undesired content will be removed as soon as it is noticed. By leaving a comment, you agree not to post material that is illegal or in bad taste, and you should be aware that the time and your IP address are both recorded, should it be necessary to find out who you are. Oh, and don't bother trying to inline HTML. I'm not that stupid! ☺ ADDING COMMENTS DOES NOT WORK IF READING TRANSLATED VERSIONS.
You can now follow comment additions with the comment RSS feed. This is distinct from the b.log RSS feed, so you can subscribe to one or both as you wish.
(Felicity? Marte? Find out!)
- Electricity, More Tory scum, Stupid broken lyrics, Oh, hello!?, More messing with Dall-E2. (2023/01/26)
- Electron, Tory tax, Gardening, Radio!, Free electricity. (2023/01/22)
- Ray Casting 3 - wall textures. (2023/01/21)
- A week in the new order, No I'm not Vin Diesel, Parcels, The Met, Ray Casting 2. (2023/01/20)
- Basic ray casting. (2023/01/14)
List all b.log entries
Return to the site index
PS: Don't try to be clever.
It's a simple substring match.
Last read at 10:11 on 2023/01/28.
© 2010 Rick Murray
This web page is licenced for your personal, private, non-commercial use only. No automated processing by advertising systems is permitted.
RIPA notice: No consent is given for interception of page transmission.